Facebook announced 12 important statistics that you need to know for your Facebook Campaigns. The numbers are related to video and photo sharing. (Are you surprised about that? We hope you are not while Instagram is shining among all the other social media platforms)
According to Cisco, mobile video traffic will increase 1,400% from 2013 to 2018 and will be 69% of all mobile data consumption all around the world. While the data connectivity quality and speed increasing, the prices are also going down and Telecom Operators are offering great deals by bundling the latest devices with data packages. As a result, we all posting, sharing and “Like”ing more videos on social platforms.
According to Facebook:
- In the last 2 years, video watching increased by 532% on mobile devices through Facebook
- Video sharing increased by 75% all around the World, while this number is 934% in US
- Number of videos shared on news source (both by individuals and companies) increased 360% yearly.
- Everyday, 300 million people is sharing 79 million photos&videos on Instagram
- Everyday, 350 million photos are being uploaded on Facebook
- 65% of Facebook videos are being watched through mobile devices world wide.
- In the past 1 year, number of videos shared on the news feed on Facebook has been increased by 360%.
- Since July,2014, everyday 1 billion videos have been watched on Facebook, daily. This means, everyday visitors to Facebook is watching at least 1 video everyday!
- US Adults are spending 20% of their time on Mobile by visiting Facebook and Instagram
- 76% of US Facebook users are claiming that they are tend discover new videos on Facebook.
- 20% of Facebook users are sharing the videos they watch on Mobile
- Woman watch more video than man on Facebook.
Great numbers, aren’t they? But what does it mean for your business? Facebook also make suggestions for you to take the attention of the audience.
- Present a huge creativity through your videos
- Try to create short videos, but if you believe that you have a good story, than go for a longer video as long videos with good stories make a greater impact.
- Your videos should be followed both with sound turned on and while turned off. If needed, use subtitles.
- Focus on your campaign target, try to reach all range of devices by using photo or video.
As Modirates.com, we want to underline that, there is a huge opportunity in the Gulf Region for agencies, who focus on Video technologies. These companies should take the opportunity to create great videos for companies, who want to increase their presence in social media. Currently, lack of creative agencies on video marketing in the Gulf region is resulting as high costs and long waiting times for companies, who wants to have more presence in social media.